Re: Kernel package status

While we have plenty of boxes with e1000s, we have found that, in general, the driver in the kernel doesn't work with the card. With certain revisions of certain cards it will, but with most, we either have to upgrade to the latest driver avail. from Intel or downgrade to a version 3 driver (depending once again, on which card revision is in the particular box).

On 2004.06.22 12:40 Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:51:33PM +0100, Ron Yorston wrote:
> I've been having a look at the 34.7.legacy kernel.  Can someone
explain
> why the e1000 patch differs from that in Fedora Core 1's
2.4.22-1.2194
> kernel?

I'm not sure. I sourced the patch from bitkeeper, and it matches that
in
the redhat bugzilla (although they didn't use it in the end, rather
upgrading the driver itself). Unfortunately I'm not able to test it on
box with an e1000.

My untrained eye can't spot the reason for the change in the source
files between 2.4.20 and recent 2.4 (where recent is just before the
new version that went into bitkeeper shortly after that patch). Am I
missing a particular change in FC or Redhat that causes this
descrepancy?

Well spotted, though :)

Cheers,

Dominic.