HELP!!! Yum runs and runs and runs and...

I tried to do a "yum update" Saturday night and Sunday it was still running
with no apparent activity. So, I killed the process (and apparently related
processes) and do a "yum check-updates" and it just sits there and sits there
and doesn't appear to do anything. What's wrong? I know I've got my config
file right because I was able to check updates earlier, but now nothing seems
to happen when I try to run yum. My *guess* would be that everyone is
checking for and downloading updates, but there ought to be something printed
out on the console, but there isn't anything... Running RH 9 here.
	Thanks...
	John

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx