Re: Mozilla 1.4.2

Missed that thread when looking, somehow.

Haven't installed, yet, but what I built built. Somehow we were already running a 1.4 rpm:

mozilla-1.4-0.7.3.i386.rpm

I guess it's not a good thing that fedoralegacy shrugged this off. I would have thought, at the very least, a rpm would be stuck in there either rebranded legacy or not as long as it worked under 7.3 (tho, maybe there is something in the project scope someplace on this).

On 2004.04.28 15:34 Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:44:40PM -0400, David Botsch wrote:
> It would appear that there is a security update for mozilla < 1.4.2
>
> This seems to apply to RH7.3

Check a thread starting with

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2004-March/msg00128.html

> At the moment, I am trying to rebuild mozilla-1.4.2-2.1.0.src.html
from
> Red Hat Enterprise 2.1AS Sources.

Not much to try.  See the URL above for details how to rebuild on
RH7.3.

The issue apparently was shrugged off.  Personally I am running
on 7.3 machine mozilla-1.4.2, and a corresponding version of galeon,
for well over a month.  As I am not concerned at all about
evolution and/or nautilus-mozilla I did not try to test how and
if these are really affected.

Michal

-- ******************************** David William Botsch Consultant/Advisor II CCMR Computing Facility dwb7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ********************************