Re: Date/time stamps on files to help with hardlinking

On Thursday 04 March 2004 11:46, Villalovos, John L wrote:
> No.  Hardlink looks at all of the following before doing a hardlink:
>
> *       file mode/permissions
> *       owner user id
> *       owner group id
> *       file size
> *       modified time
> *       and finally file contents must be equal.

Ok, the kernels (which is where the most size is) are now hardlinked.  I
was curious as to why they didn't get hardlinked before, didn't know
the timestamp had to be the same.  Looking into ways of getting the
rest equal files hardlinked.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: