Re: OT: Apt and the kernel

Axel Thimm wrote:
apt from fedora.us (soon to be published for Legacy too) is totally
not made to be used for automated upgrades like some people
currently use yum.  As a result, our apt is set to offer to upgrade
to the latest kernel if it is available.

You mean apt from fedora.us will require interactive sessions? I don't believe Panu would permit castrating his work like that ;)

I don't quite follow what Warren is saying there either :) No reason why apt couldn't be used for automated upgrades like with yum cron job.

Well, that's our Warren ;)

I meant default settings. Of course it can be reconfigured to do automatic updates should the user desire it.

Warren