Re: apt preparation for Legacy

Panu Matilainen wrote:
another note about apt in RH7.x, hoping for your recommendations or help with that package. It would be really nice if we can get the fixed mirror selector into RH7.x apt for Legacy.

I hope to get a new version of apt, destined for FC1 stable, into fedora.us QA next week but wont be able to do much anything before that.

Are there any possible issues with lua in RH7.x?

Not that I remember - Lua should work just fine on 7.x too.

Is rpmlib working with rpm-4.0.4, or must use external?

Rpmlib works all the way from rpm-3.0.x to 4.2.1 and is on by default for those older rpm's as well.

- Panu -

Great! Sounds good. I will personally take your fixed apt + rpmlib + lua mirror selector and craft the RH7.x apt for Legacy. Let me know when your package is available.

Thanks Panu.

Warren Togami
warren@xxxxxxxxxx