Re: mach on RH 8.0

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
From: andy.henson.fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andy Henson)
Subject: Re: mach on RH 8.0
To: fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: andy.henson.fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx

Is it a general mach install problem or just a rh72 one?
What does "mach setup base" (without the -r) say?  Does that work ok?

Works fine.

If it fails to work without the -r, make sure it's installed correctly and you are su to "mach" before running it. Also make sure you got the rh8 apt and mach packages... mach will get the rh72 bits you need.

I built mach 0.4.3 from source (rpmbuild -ta) since I didn't see an RH 8.0 RPM for it. Is that the problem?

I downgraded to the mach 0.4.2 RHL 8.0 binary package, but that didn't help. I still have no problems with "mach setup base" but "mach -r rh72 setup base" fails.

I got Thomas' key from pgp.mit.edu with gpg --recv-keys 55f3aa6f. I ran gpg --list-keys and it showed the fingerprint as 55F3AA6F. I exported it from GPG and tried to import it to RPM. It showed up as gpg-pubkey-54a2acf1-3e3098f3. I had previously installed RPM and rpm-python from freshrpms.net, and rpm-build and rpm-devel from legacy-utils. I downloaded the legacy-utils rpm and rpm-python packages and "rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs"d them. This didn't fix the problem. Do I have to delete the RPM DB files?

I noticed I had LANG set to en_US.UTF8. Man pages were displaying incorrectly with that setting. I changed it to en_US and the man pages showed up correctly again. Does that affect rpm's key import?

Thanks,
John

Andy