Re: fedora-legacy-list digest, Vol 1 #101 - 6 msgs

From: Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A plea to the people downloading from download.fedoralegacy.org
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:43:15 -0800

Currently this server is my personal server, and it shares a system with some paying customers of j2Solutions, my personal business. As of late, the amount of people downloading from me has skyrocketed, and caused the server to fall to it's knees bandwidth wise. My usage went up to 1.1TB of bandwidth over the last 30 days. So, I'm begging you, PLEASE use the mirrors for your downloading. We have put up a list of mirrors (nearly complete, missing a couple) here:

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/fedoralegacy-mirrors.php

Have you updated the mirror selector files for apt? I tried apt-get mirror-select but it only offered "Fedoralegacy.org, USA". Does the mirror selector download the list of mirrors every time or does it cache it somewhere?
Thanks,
John