Re: Setup Fedora on UEFI-Laptop

Andreas,

You can safely destroy/wipe the "Microsoft Reserved, Microsoft ESP (the
present EFI System Partition), and any other windows generated
partitions, ( assuming any data that matters from c:\Users\<username>\
has been collected and stored in a backup or other disk.  If this will
be a sole Fedora boot ensure `Fast Boot` is disabled as it can create
issues with *nix booting. If you have any future questions feel free to
ask on this mailing list OR the users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing
list, if you are IRC inclined you can even ask for more real time help @
iercs://chat.freenode.net/#fedora

Andreas Aßmann:
> On a new Laptop (UEFI / Secure Boot / GPT-specific partitions
> "EFI_System_Partition" and "Microsoft_Reserved_Partition") I intend to
> replace the pre-installed Windows-10 with Fedora-LXDE which will then be
> the only system on the hard disk .
>
> When installing Fedora, have I to preserve both of the two partitions
> "EFI_System_Partition" and "Microsoft_Reserved_Partition", or can I wipe
> both of them or one of them?
>
> Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.
>
> Andreas

Corey W Sheldon
P: +11 310.909.7672
PGP:
(Personal) 4700FD6D3EC254F946BB9404D0C33581852FCCC7 :|: (Fedora)
758793008171DABBCB5896F7D2E1CCE920100F28
(Ameridea) DDFCB8FBD28A95E866E5D237147DCFBF56D339DC :|: (Keybase)
3B7289AF0B1AA12186DD6965C7DCC808E8F3267F
Freelance IT Consultant :|: Multi-Discipline Tutor :|: Founder, Ameridea
https://keybase.io/linux_modder :|: https://www.ameridea.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do or don't Do, there is no try  -- Yoda

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as
something to aim at --Bruce Lee

You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way
--Marvin Minsky

"One must never underestimate the power of boredom...from which
creativity and laziness are borne, which can spark great works of chaos
and genius."  --Anonymous

"Any man willing to retreat freedom for security is deserving of
neither." (Pp) -- Benjamin Franklin.

This document, including attachments, is intended for the person or
company named and contains confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure,
copying or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and
notify the sender.