Multi-Boot-Laptop (Windows7 / Linux Fedora 20 LXDE); Error message "Could not configure common clock"

I have been running Windows7 and Fedora20LXDE on the same laptop for more than one year, but the other day, for the first time, there was an error message "Could not configure common clock" and a complete boot hang. By no means I could restart the computer, neither in Windows nor in Linux.

Does anyone know,
- why this occurs and
- how I can prevent it?

Thanks. Best regards