Re: GRUB recovery in fedora 20

i think with this method (below link) we can put back the dual boot, as there is no rescue option in fedora 20 live desktop cd.

http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/03/10/restore-the-windows-bootloader-to-mbr-after-dual-booting-with-linux/

On 15 July 2014 20:39, prs_31117@xxxxxxxxxxx <prs_31117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey put in ur fedora boot disk or usb and initiate the booting and repair ur installation make sure u dont wipe the hard drive and make a fresh installation .

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: prajeesh e <prajeeshe@xxxxxxxxx>;
To: <laptop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject: GRUB recovery in fedora 20
Sent: Tue, Jul 15, 2014 6:03:52 AM

Hi,

I had fedora 20 and windows vista in my laptop. after installing windows 7 in C drive,by replacing vista, iam unable to have dual boot and unable to boot from fedora 20. I have fedora 20 live media usb. how can i recover fedora 20 with dual boot. i tried "linux rescue" in boot prompt, but it is not working.Also, i could not find any recovery or rescue option while booting from live desk top USB.

pls
help.

Thanks,
Prajeesh