From: laptop-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:laptop-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Morrison
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:29 AM
To: laptop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: WiFi For laptop

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:52:05 -0700
"Chris Capesius" <capesius@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi FranciscoD,
>
> I included a copy of my LSPCI results (attachment).  I have a Fujitsu
> Lifebook AH 532.  I don't see any Wireless hardware to find drivers
> for, though maybe I'm incorrect?  Like I mentioned I had no problems
> connecting via Wifi on Windows 7 prior to installing Linux 17.  I'm a
> Linux newbie, so directions how to setup Wifi or driver locations
> would be great.  When I right click Network settings (top right
> corner) it just shows "Wired" as an available option.
>
> Thanks

Looks like you have one of these:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/centrino-wireless-n-2230.html

I am not sure if iwlwifi supports this device, but that is the most likely driver that you need....right a look here:

http://intellinuxwireless.org/

reveals that the 2230 is supported provided that you have a kernel of version 3.2.0 or later. You will also need to install the packages that install the actual wireless firmware, which should contain a microcode file named something like this.

iwlwifi-2030-ucode-18.168.6.1

It seems as if there is an iwl2030-firmware package in updates-testing, you will need to run:

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install iwl2030-firmware

as root, that should then allow your wireless to be detected and to work.

This is a pretty new chipset BTW, hence Fedora is still catching up.

--

Brian Morrison