WiFi For laptop

Hello, I am new to Linux and just installed Fedora 17 on my new Fujitsu laptop.  Prior to installing Linux, when I was on Windows 7, I would just click on the network icon in the lower right corner of Windows and put in the SSID and password and I would be able to connect to the Internet wirelessly (my apartment complex provides free Internet).  I connect the same way, to the Internet, with my IPad. How do I do the same in Linux via wiFi? I don't have a wireless card as far as I know (tried lspci | grep Wireless..showed nothing). It only shows "wired" as an available option to connect to The Internet for me via Fedora 17?