Re: GNOME 3 Freezing

Hi Anthony,

I can sympathise, I have similar problems with my netbook. I get the
impression that there is a bug in the nouveau driver which locks up
the part of the drawing hardware and so stalls all output. I can move
the mouse and the pointer moves but nothing else is drawn and the
keyboard input is stopped also (no caps-lock light activity).

Displaying video content seems to provoke the bug but sometimes it
happens anyway. Sometimes you can watch a whole video without it
locking up, maybe it's unrelated.

If you can ctrl-alt-f2 to kill gnome shell then you might find
ctrl-alt-backspace (which restarts the Xserver) might be a shortcut.

I haven't filed bugs because I don't have an easy reproduced situation
or any relevant log output :( If I hoped for a workaround I'd post on
the fedora IRC channel, or fedora-devel mailing list, failing that I'd
probably raise a bug on bugzilla.

-Cam