Re: Curious about fedora laptop mailing list

Almost. As a matter of fact, the best thing to do is to hit the HCLs
before you install. It's also key to test your flavor of Fedora before
you try installing to your production environment. Sometimes, you may
find a warning about a device or system brand that's never been stated
before.

I myself have a couple of folks to write back to after discovering the
reason why my laptop won't draw an IP from my ISP. The linux TG3 driver
for the Broadcom family of wired NICs doesn't work for the 64-bit
version of Fedora. It does work naturally for the 32-bit versions
without issue, but not for 64-bit. Now, I have a low-profile PCMCIA card
to buy. What I didn't know was that someone showed me an article from
where folks with Fedora Core 7 (64-bit) were having issues with this
driver, and it's not yet been resolved well to this day.

Definitely don't be afraid to research and test well before you go live.
If you find something stupid or aggravating, document it and share,
whether here or Bugzilla.