FC14 Toshiba Satellite P205D

I've got FC14 (stock kernel from the FC14 Live CD kernel version 2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686) installed on a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I upgraded from FC8 last week. Performance with FC8 was fantastic, but it was time to upgrade

FC14 performance hasn't been as good as with FC8 and I'm wondering if there's something I need to do to optimize FC14 with this laptop.

The "recurring" problem - twice when the system has been very very busy (first time trying to start a game in gxmame and the 2nd trying to compile mame) - the system temp has gone up (expected) and the wireless has turned off (unexpected)

The wireless wouldn't come back until after one or 2 reboots.

Windows starts just fine. The system diagnostics in Windows report no errors.

Yesterday, I disabled all kinds of unneeded services and startup program.

Can anyone share any specific tweaks, optimizations or whatever they did to make FC14 run on a laptop?