Re: Acer Aspire One AO751h Video Help:INTEL GMA500

David Pastula wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Im running Fedora 13... and its the video driver for the Intel GMA 500
> integrated chip... right now im using the generic video driver that is
> included with Fedora 13, one resolution and slow.  I'm struggling to
> understand how to build and install a driver that you can get online.  I
> would be very happy if i can get a better resolution and jus a little
> more speed.

David, I'll have a closer look at my own machine's set up to see if
there are any hints I can add.

In the meantime, did you know about this user site for most things AA1?

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/

In the past, when I first tried the AA1 with Linux (FC8 / Linpus), I
found it invaluable.  The reason I mention it is that you're probably
not the first to have encountered a problem, and maybe someone else
with your machine has already got a work-around.

For my machine, I also found this next site helpful.

http://jorge.fbarr.net/2010/06/09/fedora-13-on-the-acer-aspire-one/

Jorge has also added more info since that posting.

In the meantime, I'll look closer at my machine.

regards, Ron