Re: Synaptics touchpad switches apps in an undesirable way

On Saturday 16 January 2010 09:02:28 am Wendell Nichols wrote:
> I use Fedora on a thinkpad T61p.  Most things are good, but when I'm
> away from my desk using it on my lap I find that many movements on
>  the touchpad cause the desktop to rapidly cycle through apps on the
>  desktop.  All of these are accidents but I just can't keep from
>  accidentally striking the scroll areas of the pad, and depending on
>  where the cursor is, madly switching desktops and apps.  So I'm
>  constantly having to reposition myself on the correct app and
>  restore hidden windows.
> Is there any way to disable this behaviour?
> I use fedora 10 and 11 with kde.
> wcn

You don't say which version of kde you're using, but search their site
for kcm_touchpad.  I got it from the community repo.for openSUSE 11.2.
They should have a version for fedora also.  After you install it, there
will be an entry in "Configure Desktop/General/Keyboard & Mouse/Touchpad
where you can change its settings.
--
Thanks, Tom (retired penguin)
openSUSE 11.2 x86_64, KDE 4.3.1