Re: permanently setting ` gpointing-device-settings`

xinput --set-prop "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad" "Synaptics Off" 1

Apparently there's stuff in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/ to play with so
that this becomes permanent. No time so will make it an alias, run it
20 times, get bored of running the alias and actually work out how to
make this change /stick/ ;-)

2009/11/6 Miguel Angel Perez <mangelp@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi John,
>
> I have no idea on how to do that, but sounds like a bug, ¿have you tried
> filling one?
>
> 2009/11/5 john maclean <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Is there a way to permanently store settings for
>> `gpointing-device-settings`? I have a rather nasty touchpad which I
>> would like to see die!
>>

> Get a mouse, disable the touchpad and problem solved :)
>

>> --
>> John Maclean
>> 07739 171 531
>> MSc (DIC)