Re: use of cp command with wild card

Roger Millington wrote:
or "rtfm" in otherwords - not nice, Roger...

I did not use "rtfm" because the questions being asked by Bopal seemed
to me to indicate that he does not know that a manual exists.

You can keep summarising the man pages for Bopal if you like but it
would seem more valuable to show him how to get more complete answers by
using 'man'. Your call.

fair enough.

I made the assumption (and I admit it was an assumption) that Gopal had read the man pages and just needed further examples or for a paraphrased explanation.

I apologise for the over-reaction.

kae