Re: X not working at all

El-Hassan Wanas wrote:
Ok,

    /var/log/Xorg.0.log

    could have useful info in it.

It's too big, so I searched for the stuff that starts with "(EE)". I'm copying from the laptop to here by hand so bare with me. Line number and content:

99 : (EE) Failed to load module "interlmaster" (module does not exist, 0)
284 : (EE) Failed to load module "intelbatchbuffer" (module does not exist, 0)
391 : (EE) open /dev/fb0 : No such file or directory

I'm not an X dev, so can't comment on this, but what happens if you try using VESA instead of the Intel driver?

for instance, open /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the Driver line in the Device section to
Driver "vesa"
then try starting X again.

that should at least give you a working screen, even if the resolution might be off.

other than that... try updating the system, in case the bug has been caught and fixed already? (yum upgrade)

--
Kae Verens' signature
http://webworks.ie/    lead programmer