RE: Looking for evtouch driver for Fedora 9

Sorry if an answer to this has already been posted, I just joined the list.

I have been able to compile the driver on Fedora 9 on an x86_64 (HP tx1200). I have not been able to get the driver to work, so if anyone else has any suggestions on that, please pass them on.

Here is what I did to get the driver to build:
yum install xorg-x11-server-devel

this pulls in a bunch of development packages, including those for xproto, and solves those dependencies.

Next there were a couple of lines of code that didn't work on my machine, I commenting them out seems to at least let it compile:

on line 495 of evtouch.c there is what appears to be a debugging statement that g++ doesn't like, I commented it out

in libtouch.c line 37 in includes <xf86_ansic.h> which I am assuming got lumped into a different header in fedora, because commenting it out doesn't seem to hurt anything.

I hope this helps, and hopefully someone will be able to get the driver fully working.

Tom Dimiduk