Re: support for ati VGA and broadcom wireless cards

Thilina Buddhika wrote:
Hi,
I am using a DELL INSPIRON 6400, with ati radeon x1300 graphics card.
I found it difficult to install other linux based OSs due to this VGA.
Will i be able to install fedora 8 in my laptop, without any
difficulty.

Also it has a broadcom wireless card. does fedora 8 supports this ?

thanks and regards,
buddhika
I have a lattitue d620. For fedora 6 and 7 I couldn't get it to work on my encrypted wireless but fedora 8 worked. It is not, however straightforward since fedora is not allowed to ship the drivers for the broadcom wireless. You will have to retrieve the drivers, use fwcutter and set it up yourself. It would be nice if fedora supplied a script that magically did all of the work after you retrieved the drivers.

Sorry, I can't help with the graphics card.