Re: Both Win XP SP2 & FC3 detected no HDD (Acer Travelmate 6291-100512

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 03:04:58 Yunus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just purchased Laptop Acer Travelmate 6291 with the following spec:
> * Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)
> * 12.1" WXGA Acer CrytalBrite LCD
> * Intel Grphics Media Accelerator 950
> *512 MB DDR2
> *120 GB HDD
> *DVD Supermulti double layer
> *Intel PRO/wireless 3945ABG(802.11a/b/g WLAN)
> *Integrated Webcam
> *Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
> *5 in 1 Card reader
> *Modem/LAN: 56K 10/100/1000 BASE T BT
> *preloaded with Linpus Linux.
>
> Linpus Linux works fine.
> I would like to install WinXP SP2 & FC3 (dual OS). When i tried to install
> WinXP, but it reported that there was no HDD. I tried to install FC3 too
> but it reported the same problem.
>
> Could anyone help please.
>
> Thank you
>
> yunus

Windows is reporting no HD because it does not understand the EXT2 or EXT3
file system. What you need to do is down load a live distro or the cd version
of Gparted, boot up with it and make some space on the hard drive. If you
really want m$ xp and Fedora then install xp first then install Fedora. By
the way FC3 is a bit out of date why not FC 6 or F7?. Before you do any of
that make a note of the hard ware manufacturers, network chips, blue tooth
and web cam chips.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)