Targus Bluetooth Mouse Trouble...

Hello to all...

I am having desperate trouble getting my bluetooth up and running. In particular, I am trying to link a Targus Bluetooth Mouse (model: AMB0301EU...). But (there is always a but...), I seem to be unable to scan any devices. I have followed every bit of advice in, probably, every forum I could Google to no avail.

I have a Toshiba Portege M400 Tablet PC. According to all that I have read, I should be up and working. I know that I have missed the joke and have not set up something, but I am at a loss as to what that is.

Bluez-utils and Gnome-Bluetooth are both installed and you can see Bluetooth services firing up during the boot.

I am no Guru, but I am not a complete newbie either. I have exhausted every effort and still no joy. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I apologise in advance if this topic was covered before.

Regards,

Dylan