Re: Some commands like cardctl do not exist?

pccardctl works for my purpose.
Thank you!

-Hyewon

Radek Biba wrote:

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 22:50, Hyewon Jun wrote:
Hi,

I have used Fedora 3 before, and used "cardctl info" and "service
pcmcia restart" to play with PCMCIA wireless cards.
However, when I installed Fedora Core 6 and typed those commands, the
error message showed up saying the commands do not exist. What could
I have done with the installation? Or, how can I fix it to use those
commands?

Hi,

there was a package called pcmcia-cs, which provided the cardctl thing. It's now obsoleted by package pcmciautils, which contains pccardctl, which does what cardctl used to do. Although, most of the pcmcia stuff has been moved to udev, so there's no pcmcia service for example.

Radek

HJ> Hi, I have used Fedora 3 before, and used "cardctl info" and
HJ> "service pcmcia restart" to play with PCMCIA wireless cards.
HJ> However, when I installed Fedora Core 6 and typed those commands,
HJ> the error message showed up saying the commands do not exist.

There is no pcmcia daemon anymore (it has been moved to the kernel),
so service pcmcia restart does not work anymore.

cardctl has been renamed to pccardctl.

/Benny

begin:vcard
fn:Hyewon Jun
n:Jun;Hyewon
org:College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology;Networking and Telecommunications Group
email;internet:hyewon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PhD Student
url:http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~hyewon
version:2.1