latitude d620

Are the lattitude d620 screen resolution problems and sound problems being officially addressed? I have seen unofficial fixes using 915resolution for how to get fedora to recognize the wide screen on the laptop but I haven't seen any solutions to the sound system problem. Sound works through the headphones but not through the speakers.
See this page for a description of the problems.