Re: aarch64 build failures in rawhide

* Peter Robinson:

> On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 7:58 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> We want to use kernel rebuilds as a gating test for toolchain updates.
>> Unfortunately, per
>>
>>   Information for package kernel
>>   <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8>
>>
>> the last successful rawhide kernel build was on 2021-04-28.
>>
>> The question is what we should do about build failures like this.
>> Should we use non-rawhide kernels for our gating tests?
>
> Well rawhide is generally OK, but it's not unusual for kernels to fail
> during the two week upstream merge window, I've seen all arches in x86
> cause issues during the merge window. Outside of that things tend to
> be OK.

Hmm.  Currently our gating check simply does

  koji build --scratch --wait --fail-fast f34-build-side-40913 git+https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel#rawhide

(Well, it's a bug that we use the rawhide kernel branch on the f34
branch, but we'd still be impacted for actual rawhide builds of
toolchain packages, of course.)

This koji command is nice and short, but it assumes that the dist-git
branch is actually buildable.

Should we use a SRPM from a compose instead?  But composes can be really
old, and if we need a kernel fix to get things building again with newer
toolchains, then this could potentially block toolchain upgrades for a
long time.

Thanks,
Florian