Re: A linux-5.11.1.tar.xz that actually contains 5.11 instead of 5.11.1?

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 6:07 AM Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lo! The new stable workflow based on kernel-ark confuses me and I want
> to ask for advice if I got something wrong or if things are really as
> they appear to me:
>
> The sources file in dist.git for the Fedora 34 kernel currently(¹)
> refers to a file that is called linux-5.11.1.tar.xz – but if you
> download ("fedpkg sources") and unpack that file and look closer, you'll
> notice that it actually contains the sources from Linux 5.11 (and not
> 5.11.1).
>
> Is that intentional or just an mistake that someone did somewhere?
> Because I find that really confusing.
>
> Once I looked closer I noticed that the diff from Linux 5.11 -> 5.11.1
> can actually be found in the file patch-5.11.1-redhat.patch (
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/blob/f34/f/patch-5.11.1-redhat.patch

Yes, this is a mistake, and the 5.11.1 patches should in fact be in
the linux-5.11.1.tar.xz I looked at the built RPM and not at the
tarballs.  This was the first build with the merge from linux-5.11.y.
It is a process as so much of it was hard coded against linus' tree as
opposed to stable trees.  Will get that fixed soom.

Justin