Re: Fedora kernel workflow feedback

Hi Don!

Am 17.04.20 um 20:55 schrieb Don Zickus:

> I know as Jeremy and Justin have rolled out changes recently there have been

> concerns over technical and non-technical issues.  While they are happy to

> make various tweaks to the workflow that might have broken during the

> conversion, I am asking for some of the bigger concerns, folks reach out to

> me.

FWIW from the perspective of someone that deals with kernel.spec in his
spare time occasionally I think the conversation worked mostly well. Thx
for that. A bit of fine tuning might be needed here and there, but well,
that's often the case in situations like this :-D

> I am sure there are pieces we overlooked in our attempt to change the
> workflow and over the next few months we will try to address what makes
> sense.  I just ask folks to redirect their concerns to me and work with us
> to get them resolved.
>
> The two concerns I am aware that need addressing are:
> * broken out patches

Which is already in the works (thx again Jeremy!)

> * handle drive-by users who know dist-git by not the source git tree

A few additional comments in the spec file and the readme that Jeremy
proposed will take care of most of it afaics. And one more thing, see