Have the 5.6 kernels dropped support for user input of entropy to the kernel?

I built my first 5.6 custom kernel from the src.rpm yesterday in F31.
And my patch to enable the use of a daemon I run to gather entropy from
an rtl2832 (atmospheric) and put it into the kernel to keep the entropy
pool full failed.  This has happened in the past, that's why I have to
patch, but the interface was never removed before.  If it has been
removed, can you point me to the discussion that led to that decision.
I have to determine how secure it will be to modify random.c again in
order to continue feeding entropy to the kernel.

On another note, an observation.  There seem to be pretty frequent
major revisions in the kernel PRNG generator.  In some ways this is a
good thing, because it indicates that people are paying attention to it.
But it also means that past versions have been deemed unsuitable, which
decreases confidence that the current version is suitable.  So, I would
be appreciative if you could also point me to the discussion
surrounding the latest major change.

Thanks.