Re: How to properly PATCH F30 kernel to resolve GPU PASSTHROUGH Header Error Code 127

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:45:00 -0000
"Kot Begemot" <kbdeamon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> source which does not have any .c or .h files. Editing the
> kernel.spec file and copying the patch to ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES makes
> the build process fail. So I am kinda stuck here.

How specifically does it fail?  What are the error messages?

I regularly build and patch fedora kernels using the rpmbuild method,
since I've been doing it for a long time.  I am unfamiliar with the more
modern method so cannot help with that.

I wrote my procedure as a reply to this list some time ago under
"custom kernel build with patch".

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/RIDKU2B5QY43GM7MYEFVLYBLDJATKKAN/

When I create my personal patch, I have to create it locally for the
kernel in git after I expand the source, or it won't be accepted.  If
your patch is not an official kernel patch, it won't apply for the same
reason.

If you use secure boot with uefi, you will also have to remove the test
signature from the custom kernel, and create a signing key and sign it
with your key after install.  I documented my procedure for that in a
message on the user list,
"How to sign a locally compiled kernel so it can be booted with  UEFI."

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/WDESO66R64NGNXT73XWBKOBQ2T6RCJT4/