Re: error while compiling Vmwareplayer kernel module

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 17:19:27 +0200
"Mgr. Janusz Chmiel" <janusz.chmiel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I Am visually impaired with no sight at all and I want to use
> Vmwareplayer with latest Fedora 30 with Mate desktop.
> But When I try to compile The kernel module myself by using
> VMwareplayer build in routines, I AM getting The following errors. I
> Am sending you .log file.
> Any help will be very welcomed.

This is really a question for the users list,
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know nothing about vmware, and little about building out of kernel
tree modules.  But, it looks to me like you don't have the development
package for the kernel installed.  Run the following
dnf install kernel-devel
That should fix your problem.

In case that doesn't work, here is the fedora reference for building
out of kernel tree modules.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel#Building_Only_Kernel_Modules_.28Out_Of_Tree_Modules.29
But you can use pretty much any reference on the web that describes the
process of building out of tree modules for linux.