Re: Reviving the hardware census

External plugins? No. We are talking about internal modular interfaces
used to separate the code conceptually. This allows us to delegate
data collection easily to domain experts. It also allows users to
choose, somewhat coursely, which day they report. For example, some
users may be fine with submitting hardware but not a list of their
installed packages. Dividing the data cleanly enables this.