Re: Building kernel with fedpkg and custom config

On 06/08/2017 09:18 AM, laridae.fuscus@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried to build a kernel with custom config following https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel
>
> Building the kernel following that recipe works fine.
>
> $ fedpkg clone -a kernel
> $ git checkout origin/f25
> edit kernel.spec
> # define buildid .local > %define buildid .local
>
> $ fedpkg local
>
> However I can't figure out the bit with the custom config.
>
> The instructions on the wiki say that:
>   "Enabling config options
>    If there are configuration options that need to be adjusted for your build, you can add changes in the config-local file.
>    This will override anything set in the rest of the defconfigs."
>

> I've created the .config with "make xconfig"
>
> But there is no config-local file anywhere, copying/renaming the .config to config-local does nothing
> There is a kernel-local file, copying the .config to kernel-local does nothing
>
> I've also tried to replace the kernel-x64-86.config generated with build_configs.sh with the .config I made with make xconfig, and then tried to run fedpkg local - but that gives an error message (target for arch not found or something along those lines)
>
> So in short, how do I build a kernel with fedpkg with a custom config? It seems that the wiki is lacking a crucial bit of information, or there's something wrong with the fedpkg system for building kernels.
>
> regards

Like all good wikis this one has gotten a bit out of date.

You should be adding configuration options to kernel-local and these
will get picked up when you build. Copying to kernel-x86-64.config
will work but you need to add

# x86_64

at the top of the file as well.

Thanks,