Re: Fedora kernel update

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 11:41:16 -0400,
 Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rawhide will continue to churn through upstream releases as usual.  It
is at 3.16-rc5 today.  As side note, I never enabled slub debugging
for the 3.16-rcX builds.  Nobody noticed.  It is possible the people
that typically testing Rawhide kernels are always using the NoDebug
repo (or booting with slub_debug=-), but I find it interesting that
nobody noticed a speedup in the merge window kernels.

I mostly test nodebug kernels, I use slub_debug=- and there were significant regressions on i686 (and there still is one affecting one of my machines). So I wasn't likely to notice changes this time around.

Lastly, I recently wrote about the kernel-playground Copr.  As of
yesterday, it is on 3.16-rc5 and contains the latest kdbus and
overlayfs v23.  There have been a few questions about an F21 build,
and I plan on doing that once F21 is available as a chroot in Copr.

Can that repo be used for testing fixes that haven't been accepted upstream yet? (I didn't have any particular ones in mind, but it seemed like it might be another possible use for the repo.)