Re: Remove ppc32 support

On Friday, May 16, 2014, 4:41:51 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Al Dunsmuir <al.dunsmuir@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Because  of branding, I would certainly prefer that ppc32 remain under
>> the  Fedora  umbrella  as  a  seconday-secondary tertiary architecture
>> rather than be forced to become a remix.

> Branding?

My  understanding is that after a Fedora-based distribution varies too
far  from  the standard Fedora build configuration, it becomes a remix
and  can  no  longer legally be called Fedora - they must pick a name,
and modify everything with the Fedora trademark.

What  we've  been talking about is creating a pure Fedora ppc32 build,
focussing  on  getting the packages on the critical path, installs and
Live  CD/DVD  creation  working  again.  The  latter  is important for
getting the video back into shape.

Once  the  basics are running, then we have reached a point where more
folks can begin to contribute and help get the remaining packages into
shape, starting with what that contributor feels is important.

Al