Re: zram module should not be autoloaded

Am 23.04.2014 10:28, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:

> On 04/23/2014 08:18 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> what is you problem?
>

> I'm perfectly problem free I just happen to know how broken zram after having to patch udev for a race condition it
> had with swapon
>

>> * it's not enabled by default
>
> Good
>
>> * nobody is forced to spend any second with it
>
> Even better
>

>> * the ones which want like i do can use it instead wait
>>    until a solution good enough for you is out there
>>

> You and the rest that cant wait cant come here then complaining that your own custom made
> or found on the internet zram rpm/implementation is not working in the distribution with
> the obvious problem being your own implementation as Josh has pointed out on numerous times.

*no* *no* *no* and no again

i was working *all the time*
i just asked to have a look at the loading-behavior

i explained *multiple* times that not so long ago zram was loaded
on a *Rawhide* 3.15 RC0 kernel without any configuration and the
output "zram" of "lsmod" even was the reason that i looked at it
resulting in the unit-file and startup-script

so please do me a favour and if you don't want to
read or understand what i say go out of my way

> All I said there is a lot of work we need to do if we as an distribution are going to ship/support zram

to ship no
to support, maybe