Re: Problems with git5 on one of three machines

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 16:58:33 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have git5 running OK on two machines, but on the third machine I get
tracebacks without apparent progress. The console shows on the order of
one traceback a minute and after about 15 minutes without getting X,
I went back to git3. Since there are some pending fixes, I'll wait until
the next build before trying to report the problem.

It looks like this might be an intermittant problem that persists in rc0.git6. I had the problem show up when I rebooted after updating to git6 on a machine where git5 seemed to work OK. Rebooting again seemed to avoid the problem. (Though the tracebacks happened early enough that they didn't make it into /var/log/messages.) Two other machines didn't have a problem when booting git6, though one had had a previous issue (that looked the same) with git5.

I'll need to use netconsole to try to capture the info. I probably won't get a chance to try to do this for a day or two.