Re: .0 KDE releases have terrible track record, so...

I am running rawhide on both my desktop and laptop. Runs awesomely! Does it have bugs? Of course. But nothing gamebreaking. I am submitting bugs as i see them 😊

On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 10:02 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 12:13 AM Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is 40 really /expected/ to ship with 6.0 /and/ no Xorg, or is its presence in
> Rawhide at this point really intended for attracting guinea pigs? Normally I do
> upgrades from current to Rawhide on several PCs shortly before branch to be part
> of the pre-release testing process, but I don't know if it's possible to be worth
> the bother this cycle.

Yes, it is really expected to ship this way. KDE upstream is doing a
lot to ensure Plasma 6.0 is great for regular use. Unlike previous
major releases, we've had development snapshots in good shape since
September, and Fedora has had the stack since early November. We've
been dogfooding it and getting things fixed before even the first beta
release, and the extended test cycle with multiple betas and release
candidates are intended to ensure things are in the best shape
possible.

Nearly all of us in the KDE SIG are running it as secondaries or daily
drivers now, and the experience has been very promising!

We've also scheduled a test week next week:
https://fedoramagazine.org/contribute-at-the-kde-plasma-6-test-week/