Re: KDE Live can be installed without creating a regular user - correct/wrong?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 3:50 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 6:43 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> This will change once we have our own OOBE setup for KDE Plasma. For
>> now, we don't have it, so we're at the mercy of what the user sets
>> during installation.
>

> Not really. Workstation can set their own rules in anaconda, you can too. I believe it wouldn't be that much work to force creation of a regular user either in anaconda or in the initial setup. Furthermore, if you say you want it, we can have a release criterion saying that desktop environments must have a regular user account created. Our current criteria are weaker, but they can be changed, of course:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Basic_Release_Criteria#expected-installed-system-boot-behavior

I do not want to support KDE Plasma through the root user. It's a bit
late for F37, but if we can tweak Anaconda for F38 to do this
(assuming we don't get out OOBE stuff in), that would be great.

Anaconda's initial setup is completely broken for us, which is why
we've been working with the KDE folks on a new one.

> (OT: Am I the only one who gets a "Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups" response from postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx each time I send an email to this list? Perhaps it's a good idea to kick those people out of the list?)

I don't get that email, but yeah it probably needs pruning...