Re: Logitech mouse

On 1/6/22 11:34 PM, Robin Laing wrote:
On 06/12/2021 12.58, Emmett Culley wrote:
On 12/6/21 10:21 AM, Vitaly Zaitsev wrote:
On 06/12/2021 18:58, Emmett Culley wrote:
Do you mean it is a hardware issue?

Yes. Broken mouse wheel and LMB double clicks are the most common issues with Logitech mice.

I don't how that matches the symptoms:

The wheel always works, but sometimes fails to scroll, like it misses detecting it was turned.  That does seem like a possible hardware failure, but then why does toggling the scroll resolution off then on on the Solaar dialog fix it.  That makes it seem like a software issue.

But...  It has been doing this for a long time and I've had the mouse long enough that replacing it would not seem out of line on age alone. I'll do that.

Thanks for your input.

Emmett

Since it is an old mouse, have you opened it up to check for lint/dirt inside the mouse.  I have cleaned many mice where the optical encoder is full of dirt/hair on the scroll wheel.  Most "work" but can be intermittent.

Also replaced many mouse switches that have failed.

Robin
Replacing the mouse did resolve my problem, with the added benefit of the new mouse having some new features.  Namely scroll acceleration.

I don't believe the old mouse has a hardware issue, mostly because toggling scrolling off then on via solaar always fixed it.  That and the fact that "banging" on the wheel never changed anything.

Thanks for your input.

Emmett