Plasma Wayland bugs out on plug out/in of dock with external monitor

Hello,

So I decided to try out Plasma Wayland in Fedora 35. I have a Lenovo P1 (no Nvidia) with its Thunderbolt dock, and a 2k monitor attached to the dock. And I get a cold-reboot level problem when trying to plut the dock out and back in.

So, the starting point is the system working normally with the laptop monitor and the external monitor. (Or the laptop monitor can be disabled, it makes no difference).

I plug out the dock, everything works on the laptop monitor as expected.

I plug the dock back in and - the image on the external monitor is FROZEN. It appears and then just does not update. At first this looks like an unresponsive system, except that if the laptop monitor was enabled originally, it works normally. Playing around with settings does not seem to resolve anything.

Another plug-out - but now there is no panel on the laptop monitor so I can't really do anything.

Another plug-in - and the two monitors turn black, except the mouse cursor is visible (and now updated on both). Eventually I get the message "startkde: can not start plasma session" or something like that. Then, nothing. Ctrl+Alt+F2...F7 does not work either, nor does Ctrl-Alt-Del, so a cold reboot is the only way out apparently.

 How do I investigate this further? If I need to file a bug, is this a Fedora bug or an upsytream bug, and what component do I select and what data do I attach?

(Of course I reverted to X11 for daily work but this is as expected; I don't think Plasma Wayland is ready for daily use, and in my opinion Wayland should NOT be the default on new installations of the Fedora KDE spin and should be marked "experimental" in the selection menu. But I'm ready to give it test spins for bug reporting purposes which I just did).

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

Unless explicitly stated, all opinions in my mail are my own and do not reflect the views of any organization