Btrfs for Fedora desktop variants

Hey all,

Chris Murphy and I are working on a change to switch Fedora's desktop
variants to Btrfs[1]. The plan is for all Fedora desktop variants to
switch over, which means both release-blocking desktops
(Workstation/GNOME and KDE) will use Btrfs by default going forward. I
expect this to be a smooth change, as Btrfs has been a
release-blocking filesystem for many years now (at least since Fedora
20) and has had OpenQA tests to verify its functionality for nearly as
long as OpenQA has been in use in Fedora for testing. And I've
personally been using Btrfs on all my Fedora systems (~5 physical
machines and ~100 virtual machines) since 2015 with no issues.

My expectation is that there should be no work for the SIG to do
(beyond me doing the work, of course). For all the words that are in
the change proposal[1], the extent of the change is to flip the
settings in Anaconda to use Btrfs by default on new installations.

I'm interested in hearing about your feedback on the change proposal.
I am excited about this, personally, as I think there's some serious
opportunity to collaborate with KDE upstream and our friends at
openSUSE on taking advantage of Btrfs features to make a smoother
experience.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Neal

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BtrfsByDefault