Re: What provides the python file Ubuntu.OnlineAccounts?

Online accounts is broken on my Fedora 31.
First I had the 'Ubuntu' problem you reported. After installing the package, I have 'add new account' button with ownCloud and Google as two possible options.
Adding Google account was broken because Google had withdrawn KDE access for a long time. Recently, it was fixed, as I read in a KDE blog.

A few days back, I somehow managed to add a Google account - by clicking reload on the empty white page that comes during the adding account process. But it's still messed up.
Now, in my online accounts page, I see one item in the list and it just says "(Google)". I can't interact with it - clicking or selecting it doesn't seem to work.

So, basically, it's still dud!

Syam

On Sun, 31 May, 2020, 9:07 pm Lester M Petrie, <lmpetrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/30/20 8:20 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> accounts-qml-module is the pkg you want
>
> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 4:38 PM Lester M Petrie <lmpetrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:lmpetrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I want to setup access to a live.com <http://live.com> account, but
>     when I click on
>     "Online Accounts" in System Settings, an error is returned instead of
>     letting me set it up. The error message follows:
>
>     Error loading QML file.
>
>     file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_kaccounts/contents/ui/Accounts.qml:31
>     module
>     "Ubuntu.OnlineAccounts" is not installed
>
>     which is essentially the message given in the journal. I looked at the
>     file and line 31 is
>
>     import Ubuntu.OnlineAccounts 0.1 as OA
>
>     The file comes from "kaccounts-integration-19.12.1-1.fc31.x86_64" which
>     is installed. So it looks to me like I need to find a correct
>     "Ubuntu.OnlineAccounts" and install it. If that is correct, where do I
>     find it? If not, what do I do to set up my live.com
>     <http://live.com> account?
>     --
>     Lester M Petrie

Thanks, that fixed the error message. Shouldn't that be a dependency of
kaccounts-integration?

Now when I click on Online Accounts, it goes to the page, and has a
button "Add New Account". When I click on that it goes to a new page,
but nothing happens, there doesn't seem to be anywhere enter data. The
only thing that seems to work is to return.

--
Lester M Petrie