Re: Slightly OT: KDE is now less of a resource hog than it's often thought to be

I'm in the middle of writing a pair of articles for Fedora Magazine on
this.  Not just KDE but all the Fedora desktops.
Preliminary tests, on the Fedora KDE spin versus the Fedora XFCE spin.
KDE: 723 M
XFCE: 416 M

That is not my "minimal install" with the desktop on top of it.  It's
what you get by default if you install the KDE spin or the XFCE spin.
Soo ... not looking too good for the article thus far.  Though, I do
notice that akonadi is running by default on the KDE spin.  I don't
usually have that turned on, so it's possible that doing my minimal
install will drop the memory some.