Re: Fedora27: KDE-Plasma/networkManager: Ethernet interfaces set to 100MBits/sec half duplex

On Thursday 15 February 2018 07:26 PM, Lukas Middendorf wrote:
On 15.02.2018 11:21, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 02/15/18 17:54, Lukas Middendorf wrote:
I have checked your problem on one of my systems and I also had it set
to 100/half without auto-negotiation.
So, the question would be did your system once have "Allow auto-negotiation" checked
but it became unchecked without action on your part?  And what does ethertool show to
be the current speed?  Are you unable to set it to the desired speed?
I can select the desired settings and also enabling auto-negotiation
works, but for some reason it was set to 100/half without me doing anything.
I'm not sure I ever touched those settings on that system before (and I
definitely did not set it to something this slow on purpose). I think it
was a new install of F26 with home directory carried over from earlier
Fedora releases and then updated to F27.

My understanding is that if one end (your PC) has auto negotiation disabled while the other end (switch or router) has it enabled, the link speed is set correctly, but the duplex setting falls back to half-duplex. So that half-duplex setting is due to autoneg being off for whatever reason.

Syam