Re: fc24: black screen after login

Am 06.03.2017 um 16:19 schrieb John Pilkington:
On 05/03/17 20:53, John Pilkington wrote:
On 05/03/17 20:23, Rex Dieter wrote:
John Pilkington wrote:

After a multi-package update in fc24 today I'm seeing the
black-screen-with-movable-cursor too.

plasma-workspace-5.8.5-1 with nvidia304.134-2,
kernels 4.9.13-100, 4.9.12-100
kf5 packages mainly 5.31.0

plasma-5.8.6,
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-c262a33752
was supposed to get pushed along with kf5-5.31.0,
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-4ce7411a87

But it looks like the plasma update is experiencing some sort of bodhi
error, and is currently in limbo unfortunately.  I cannot successfully
edit
it or queue for stable updates.  I've filed an issue with release
engineering to look at it:
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6684

Thanks Rex.  I did find the bodhi page later and tried variations on
--repofrompath but couldn't get the magic right.

In case it helps, I've downloaded workspace and desktop rpms from that
bodhi page (which seems to start a long downloading session) and get:

Nothing provides f24-kde-theme-core = 5.8.6-3.fc24 needed by
plasma-workspace....

[harry@rh:~]$ rpm -qa | grep kde | grep theme
f24-kde-theme-24.5-1.fc24.noarch
f24-kde-theme-core-5.8.6-3.fc24.noarch

you need to seek them at https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/ where you always find any builds which where done - only god knows what you have to enter in the search field and change the dropdown to RPM and enter "f24-kde-theme-core" just maximizes the seacrh time with no result - that is a real mess when you know that abuild exists but you are unable to find it without deep packaging knowledge of it

anyways the buildsystem *must not* allow that half of the apckages go to the repos and in doubt the dependencies of packages which clearly can't or shouldn't be updated alone need explicit Requires so that if the infrasructure fails again to push them all together (which happens way too often) you are unable to update the packages as long the rest is not on your mirror - that is the whol epurpose of packages and dependencies

in doubt there exists the kde-testing repo of Rex which is faster and mostly more consistent in a shorter timeframe after reports on the list

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Testing