Re: Plasma 5.9.3 status

On 03/04/17 19:13, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I have 2 systems which I've updated.  So far I see one difference that I
>> can't figure....
>>
>> In "system-settings" I'm using Classic Tree View and I have 6 categories
>> with the last one being "System Administration".  On the other system
>> there are only 5 categories.  No "System Administration".
>>
>> What controls if that is visible?
> Any menu category is only shown if you actually have applications in it. (If
> you see an empty category, that is because there are entries in it, but they
> are hidden from view (NoDisplay=true).) The System Administration category
> takes all the packages that have both the System and Settings categories
> (which would otherwise be duplicated into both System and Settings). If you
> have no such application, the category is not shown.

I have to admit that I don't understand what you're telling me.....

On the one system there is a category called "System Administration" and
when I expand it there is "Software Management" and "Systemd" choices.
This doesn't exist on the other system.

So, what do I have to install on the other system?

FWIW, (on the other system) if I go to the KDE menu on the panel and go
to "Applications-->Administration" there is an entry for "Software
Management" which if I start it will be the same as in "System Settings".

systemsettings5 is what I'm running and what differs on the 2 systems if
that wasn't clear.

good           https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H9v1dYNcvpY09BX1luUVQ3TFE
not good     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H9v1dYNcvpTHNMTWlKb2E1SEE
--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to get others to do the work for you