Re: Locked screen doesn't stay in energy saving mode

On 02/07/17 18:00, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
> Fully updated F24 system running Plasma desktop. Dual screen setup.
>
> Screen locks correctly after time set in Energy Saving / Suspend session After
>
> Screen goes into energy saving (screen blanks) after time set in Energy
> Saving / Screen Energy Saving Switch off after
>
> But then the screen immediately comes out of energy saving and sits for
> ever with the screen locker displayed.
>
> Anyone else see this?
>
> Any ideas how to fix would be appreciated.

I don't use lock screen.  But I do have the case where my monitors won't go in to blank.

When this happens I click on the "Status and Notifications" triangle in my systray and
then select "Battery and Brightness" and it tells me what application is preventing the
blank.  For me it is normally Chrome and it due to an open WebRTC connection.  Finding and
killing the open tab is one way to clear it.  But sometimes I have to close Chrome and
restart.

I've search, in vain, for a way to ignore open WebRTC as a reason for keeping the screens
active.  :-(

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to get others to do the work for you